Emma Grace's tear ducts have always been very tight. She had both of them "rotor rootered" about a year earlier. But the left eye was almost blocked. The doctor could barely get the tiniest prob through the space. She told us that we would most likey need to put a tube in her tear duct. Well, she was right. Emma Grace kept getting eye infections because her tear ducts were not draining correctly.
Emma Grace has such a great attitude. She was nervous. But, she was kind of excited too. I got to go back with her and sing "her song" as they put her to sleep. It was so hard for me to watch her little eyes flutter and her fall into a deal sleep. "her song" is You are my Sunshine. I sing it to her every single night before she goes to sleep.
The surgery went well. They were able to place the tube in her eye. She was not happy at all when she woke up. She was scared and wanted to take the "barbie straw" out of her arm. Her tummy hurt and she threw up.
I was able to take her home and give her a nap. When she woke up, she was like a new woman. She was happy and ready to play.
I'm so thankful that everything went well. I love my kids so much! It's so hard to watch them hurt.
No comments:
Post a Comment